Elizabeth Duffy (Acritas) and Gillian Ward (Baker Botts LLP) lead an engaging session exploring how to build a successful sector strategy.
Gillian ran through how Baker Botts have conducted a successful sector marketing approach with their Energy sector and here are some of the key activities that are worth considering:
- Energy sector committees
- Energy editorial committees,
- Award submissions and promotion,
- Key account program,
- Annual Baker Institute energy symposium,
- World gas conference (Major sponsor),
- Board of sector forum, Houston & Dallas,
- Baker Botts international oil & gas schools
- bakerbotts.com energy hub
There is no doubt that for this to be successful the engagement of the lawyers is vital and as Gillian and Elizabeth stressed, a strong leader is key. To drive a successful change in any firm that follows a distributed leadership model, feedback to the lawyers is key so they can see that ultimately their efforts are driving business growth.