Increasingly, sales and business development recognise the need for marketing support if they are to be successful. In response, marketing professionals need to make sure they have the right combination of skills to ensure they offer the right support.
- Understand your target markets and clients
- Use analytics data and research to support decision making
- Experiment with your approach and tactic
- Understand and deploy digital as well as traditional marketing techniques
- Understand that solutions aren't always immediately obvious
- Ability to work as part of a team - firmwide when required - to achieve success
- Strong understanding of business development and sales within both your firm and industry
The challenge for today’s professional services firms is to recognize that your marketing professionals need support and continuing education, too, to help the firm—and themselves—retain a competitive advantage.